Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In this episode, Dr. Eric Block interviews Dr. Dave Singh to discuss Obstructive sleep apnea and how you can help your patients with proper treatment.
Dr. Dave Singh is the founder and chief medical officer of VIVOS therapeutics, Inc., which can be found in vivoslife.com. He is also an adjunct professor at Stanford University.
Obstructive Sleep Apnea is a common condition in the US and worldwide. However, it is typically not diagnosed because most people don’t know they have it; patients only know that they often feel sleepy, fatigued, have hypertension, diabetes, and cannot sleep well.
You can transform these patients’ lives by helping them deal with sleep apnea effectively. Listen to this episode to find out how to do it and the percentage of patients you can cure.
3 Value Takeaways
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea and its effect on patients: This is a common condition that is often left undiagnosed. Patients with sleep apnea have common symptoms such as fatigue, hypertension, diabetes, and inability to sleep well. Therefore dentists need to identify these symptoms to treat patients get better.
- Helping your patients deal with sleep apnea: Can a dentist really ‘cure’ sleep apnea? In this episode, you will get to know the approximate percentage of patients you can cure completely and the percentage of patients you can assist in coping with sleep apnea.
- Training & support by VIVOS: If you are a dentist looking to improve your ability to treat sleep apnea patients, VIVOS Inc. provides the required training and support. Listen to this episode to find out how to get their support.
- 00:01:21 – What’s Obstructive Sleep Apnea?
- 00:02:52 – Remodeling the jaw non-surgically
- 00:12:14 – Can a dentist cure sleep apnea?
- 00:15:23 – Epigenetics phenomena
- 00:28:27 – Major health issues caused by untreated sleep apnea
- 00:30:42 – Sleep apnea in kids
- 00:37:54 – History of sleep apnea
- 00:44:20 – Getting support from VIVOS to treat patients
- 00:56:54 – Does insurance cover it?