Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In this episode, Eric Block is having an insightful interview with the ‘Podfather of Dentistry’ himself, Gary Takacs. From truly connecting with patients to having a less insurance-dependent practice and making the right choices to increase the practice profitability, they discuss the business side of dentistry. They also discuss how dental podcasts have helped dentists conveniently learn helpful information and utilize an effective coaching program to improve dental practice performance.
Find out how to improve the business side of your dental practice and be profitable as much as possible with practical tips shared by Eric Block and Gary Takacs in this insightful episode.
3 Value Takeaways
- The New form of Dental Tradeshow: Tradeshows are no more happening, and it used to be the source that provided discounts to dentists. But now, there’s a new form of a Dental Tradeshow in the dental industry!
- Creating patient experience: Dentists are not taught how to connect with patients in dental schools truly. Gary and Eric discuss why it is important to treat patients well and be genuine to create a remarkable patient experience in your practice.
- PPO plan infected practices: Practices want to get new patients, and they see PPO plans as their only way of getting patients. This is not true, and this kind of mindset creates practices that are infected with PPO plans. You will find out the aftermath of having a practice that depends too much on insurance plans.
- 00:00:55 – The Podfather of Dentistry
- 00:06:29 – Gary Takacs’s ‘test kitchen.’
- 00:07:06 – The new form of ‘tradeshow.’
- 00:10:58 – Practice Coaching with Gary
- 00:16:00 – Creating a remarkable patient experience
- 00:25:00 – PPO Infected dental practices
- 00:31:30 – Advice to young dentists
- 00:31:25 – Free is a good deal